MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Heartfeltzero

WW2 Era Letter Written by an Australian Serviceman. He writes about the war effort as well as other topics. Details in comments.

This letter was written by a Jack Rigby. He was serving in the Australian army during the war. Unfortunately I don’t have any additional information

03-28-2024, 03:18 PM
    humble collector

Erdkampfabzeichen Der Luftwaffe

I have this Luftwaffe Ground Assault badge that I am considering placing on a tunic in the near future , and was unable to discern the maker ?

03-28-2024, 02:57 PM
    emo155

Original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2.Klasse?

Hello, I think the whole set is original, what do you think?

03-28-2024, 02:01 PM
    lassalle

helmet help

Hello, is this fiber helmet a passive defense helmet? Thank you!

03-28-2024, 01:46 PM
    Adrian Stevenson

Luftwaffe Navigationskarte England/Germany 1941

Came into work today and will be coming up in my June sale @bamfords

03-28-2024, 12:09 PM
    Rabaul

Para HSAT with internal felt shock absorbing ring?

Hi, looking at some early HSAT fibre rimmed para helmets it looks like the internal padding is actually thick felt, like the dispatch rider type, but

03-28-2024, 06:40 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Damn Yankee - Down
Display your banner here