Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

spencerbaker

NR-40 Soviet Knife Authenticity?

Hey all, I bought this NR-40 Soviet fighting knife and I'm on the fence on whether it's a replica/repro - but there are some things that make me think

05-06-2021, 04:53 AM
    Aldo

Another SS Fez

I just acquired another SS Fez. I must confess I initially bought it to plunder the insignia for my Waffen SS sidecap but I quickly gave up on that thought.

05-06-2021, 03:48 AM
    Adravor

Hessian Pre-War Visor

Hello forum,

My newest purchase: An Pre WW1 Visor with Hessian insignia manufactured in Worms, leading me to believe it was made for a member

05-06-2021, 04:28 AM
    Adravor

Early M56 Helmet

Hello Forum,

Here is my first Post-War helmet. Normally I just collect WW2, but as this helmet is strongly connected to the Wartime German

05-06-2021, 12:44 AM
    Admin

Militär Stahlhelm Glocke ohne Futter Ausrüstung Deutsches Reich 2WK rostig Loch

05-06-2021, 12:00 AM
    Admin

1.) WL Kragenspiegel Leutnant Flieger, Fallschirmjäger, handgestickt, TOP

05-05-2021, 11:20 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Ratisbon's - Down
Display your banner here