Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

SilluAgain

Need help! K98 bakelite grips original?

Hello everyone, I found this bakelite grips and I need opinions. I would like to know more info, I need them for my bayonet S/174G. He fixed the price

12-07-2021, 02:48 AM
    delboy

Artillery Officer Picklehaube

Once Again colleagues, i would like your thoughts on the helmet please?

Many Thanks Allan

12-07-2021, 02:14 AM
    Bear5001

Approve me, love the site

Hi everyone, love the site, would love to be able to share with everyone here. I really enjoy all war related history, especially the two world wars.

12-07-2021, 01:45 AM
    VtwinVince

Father-Son Officer Combo

I picked this up some years ago on Fleabay, and unfortunately it wasn't cheap. But I thought the pieces were of an extraordinary nature and I wanted to

12-07-2021, 01:17 AM
    caltecher

"War News" newspaper/bulletin august 1945?

Hello all,
    Here with my first potential ww2 find! This is a 2 page newspaper/bulletin titled "War News" that seems to have been issued

12-07-2021, 01:09 AM
    Cclark126

Is this original??.. Unmarked totenkopf button

Hi,

I need help determining if this VT-sidecap button is authentic. I took some good photos of the front and back there is no markings and

12-07-2021, 02:05 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Damn Yankee - Down
Display your banner here