Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

joaobr

Help South African MKII Helmet Used by Dutch in Indonesia

Hello gentlemen,

I recently obtained this lot from a Dutch veteran of the Indonesian conflict 1945-1949. Basically it is British material

05-11-2024, 01:29 AM
    Chopperman

Marine Raider Stiletto

This just arrived the other day and fills a hole that I had all but given
    up trying to fill.

A Camillus USMC Raider Stiletto.

05-11-2024, 01:22 AM
    Mdecimamas

Ciao

Ciao a tutti mi chiamo Michael e colleziono Militaria tedesca ed rsi

05-11-2024, 12:06 AM
    Bcopp

Hello

Hello Forum,
    I am primarily a helmet collector but dabble in visors. Looking forward to being a part of the forum. Thanks

05-10-2024, 09:52 PM
    Kleinepanzerfaust

SA 75 standaryen abzeichen

Hi
    I have heard the opinion that this is the badge of the SA banner bearer. Please provide information on this subject.
    Regards

05-10-2024, 08:09 PM
    Capitoli

Petition for clemency - authentic?

Hello, I saw this Adolf Hitler signed document on Hermann Historica the other day I would like to know what you guys think.

Is it real?

05-10-2024, 11:04 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Lakesidetrader - Down
Display your banner here