Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

darthlaker

Hi,

New member from Australia.

Looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum.

Cheers

09-26-2024, 06:50 AM
    ColinD

Ribbon ID

Guys what is this ribbon in the middle? Quite faded but looks almost salmon pink. Faded Hanseatic Cross - Hamburg?
    C

09-26-2024, 05:47 AM
    EK2

Thoughts on this Werner

09-26-2024, 01:45 AM
    Long John

Hello everyone,

I am a collector from Southeastern Germany. Hoping to learn more about Militaria (particularly German WWI+II) from the

09-25-2024, 10:32 PM
    wm20

SS Gold ring opinion

Opinions please on this ring , iam quite certain the ring is gold

09-25-2024, 09:02 PM
    rheppler

Narvikschild

Hey Guys, This one is questionable to me because of the side pins. Strange finish wear, but doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks again for all your help! Good

09-25-2024, 09:02 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Great Militaria - Down
Display your banner here