Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Admin

Stahlhelm 35/40 - Wehrmacht - Glocke - Helmglocke - PN 5 64

04-12-2021, 06:50 PM
    drittescollector2020

Urgent Help Needed - Gauleiter Armband

Hello,

I have been offered a Gauleiter armband for $600. I have two questions for the armband experts out there. Firstly, does this look

04-12-2021, 06:30 PM
    Pawlos

Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen fake or original

Good evening everybody.

I bought it at the market. Can you tell me it is original or fake?

04-12-2021, 05:40 PM
    Admin

Luftschutzhelm Stahlhelm WK2

04-12-2021, 05:40 PM
    jamie7d7

First pattern officers cap eagle by Funcke & Brunninghaus

This lovely little badge arrived a short while ago.

I'm all for collecting stuff that has been worn, and has nice patina etc however, getting

04-12-2021, 06:31 PM
    jamie7d7

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Another of the badges I received recently is this nice tombac Otto Schickle GAB.

It is the early type with the round wire catch however,

04-12-2021, 04:19 PM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Military Antiques Stockholm - Down
Display your banner here