Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Brady96

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Souval

Hello everyone.
    I'm new to the forum, so thanks for the warm welcome.

First cross purchase and it's listed as a Souval.

04-18-2024, 05:02 AM
    Rutsche

In Search of Gold Party Badge 87066 (longshot)

Hello All,

Im glad to be in the forum.

Recently i received some documents from the German Bundesarchiv regarding my Great Grandfathers

04-18-2024, 03:11 AM
    OsiusGaming

Experimental US Army Camo Uniforms

Just wanted to share some cool photos I found of an experimental camo uniform being tested by the Army. All photos are dated Hawaii 1942. Not sure if

04-18-2024, 02:46 AM
    OsiusGaming

Korean War-Army camo cover photo

So I have been doing some research on trying to setup a nice Marine Korean War display when I stumbled upon this picture of the 25th infantry regiment

04-18-2024, 02:04 AM
    Rutsche

Greetings

Hello all,

I'm happy to be onboard in the forum.

Im actually here for a quite specific reason.

My great grandfathers

04-18-2024, 02:58 AM
    Jareth

Interesting Photo

I collect navy paratrooper items. I thought this photo was very interesting especially the German connection WWII German Press Photo 1941 JAPANESE PARATROOPERS

04-18-2024, 06:11 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Military Antiques Stockholm - Down
Display your banner here