Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

wout2000

SA-Sportabzeichen real or fake?

Hello everyone,

I bought this a while back at a fair, but the guy I bought it from sells a lot of fakes, but also a lot of original items,

06-16-2024, 01:18 PM
    wout2000

Schnellbootkriegsabzeichen real or fake?

Hello everyone,

I bought this a while back at a fair, but the guy I bought it from sells a lot of fakes, but also a lot of original items,

06-16-2024, 01:16 PM
    wout2000

Eisernes Kreuz 1 Klasse fake real?

Hello everyone,

06-16-2024, 01:07 PM
    kradman

Pair of original RSO manuals

Picked up these last week and nice to have the pair

06-16-2024, 12:33 PM
    gandhiline

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone,

I am a collector of Soviet military items from WW2 and post-WW2 (military equipment, etc.). Always interested in discovering

06-16-2024, 11:30 AM
    Arthur24

Question about KM sleeve patch

I´m not much into Kriegsmarine, but I couldn´t resist this sleeve patch when I came across it. I would appreciate information about it, purpuse etc.

06-16-2024, 08:03 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Virtual Grenadier - Down
Display your banner here