Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

libste

Ms Libby

I'm a curator at an Australian museum interested in finding out how much a Bletchley Park commemorative medal is worth these days. I'm working on an exhibition

09-27-2021, 06:58 AM
    reneblacky

Harry The Mole Banning!

Now I'm UPSET
    What The Fuc*!!!! Are we kicking out long term experienced collectors again!!!! I've been keeping relatively quiet

09-27-2021, 06:42 AM
    ClassyCollector

Very Interesting VFW General Fibre Liner

Here we have a General Fibre liner produced somtime between October '42 and November '42 based on the raw ends of the fabric to which the nape strap attaches

09-27-2021, 03:50 AM
    WTolleson1940

M1 Helmets and Canteen and Belt

Hi guys I recently just picked up this lot of M1 helmets and canteen and belt. I am by no means an expert on M1 helmets but seem to be Vietnam Era, anything

09-27-2021, 05:44 AM
    Kateri

Czech M60 coat insulated liner

Button-In liner to fit into one of my 1963 dated Jelichi
    coats.
    Bought from a UK Ebay seller.
    Has repairs,some replaced buttons,and

09-27-2021, 02:58 AM
    TWS

The Schiffchen of Gerhard Otto Holzweiss

Probably now the coolest Schiffchen (overseas cap, garrison cap, slip cap, side cap, take your pick) that I own.

This arrived a few weeks

09-27-2021, 04:41 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Virtual Grenadier - Down
Display your banner here