Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
  • Recent forum activity

Cyano

SA-Sportabzeichen: made of iron or « buntmetall ». Is there any logic?

Hello to all !

I know that some badges are made from iron (steel) and others from « buntmetall », whatever the type (bronze, silver,

05-03-2024, 10:09 AM
    di2315

Trying to identify a german uniform button

Hello
    I am trying to identify this button that I've found in my father's WWII memorabilia box.

On the reverse side

05-03-2024, 12:20 PM
    MarkoJ012

New to The Forums.

Hello, my name is Marko I just started collecting ww2 items, however I need help on authenticating and identifying fakes. I also want to learn more about

05-03-2024, 12:09 PM
    SimonSorenKam

Veterans Association Officer's Visor

I got this with another cap a while back. It's really nice and is marked as a Veterans Association Officer's Visor. As I have stated before, I really

05-03-2024, 09:53 AM
    benpitch

Emil Voos RZM SA Dagger

Good Evening,

I'm looking at picking up this late period RZM by Emil Voos. It is supposedly unissued and purchased from Robert Demel from

05-03-2024, 02:04 AM
    georgi

land customs HORSTER dagger

Hello.
    Today I am showing a dagger to land customs. Many daggers of this type have a bad casting of the crossguard, which is a prerequisite for

05-03-2024, 01:17 AM
  • "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake

Hi Guys, as this question comes up very often, I thought it would be useful to place a pinned thread on the subject?

The key to determining an original from a fake, like so many other German items, is the reverse.

Here is the edge detail of an original. Note the pattern of the weave and how it forms a series of small almost even sized white "dots" right near the edge of the cuff title? This is only seen on originals.

The chequered black and white weave which forms the back of the title is known to collectors as "salt and pepper" weave.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: "BeVo" SS cuff titles: how to spot original from fake started by Adrian Stevenson View original post
  • Facebook

Great Militaria - Down
Display your banner here