Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nahkampfspange bronze A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?

Article about: Hello, I am full of doubt with this Nahkampfspange. I have compared it with my example in silber from the same MM (authentic, showed in a previous post), I would say it's genuine as well but

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looking at the rear of the fluted pin, I have to agree it's not correct compared to known originals. The one posted by Pierre is solid, whereas the known original pattern always has a concave crease down the centre line. This along with the odd catch that was first noted make the entire rear set up wrong as far as compared to known original examples.
    Is it possible that the pin on Pierre's example is fluted but it is not visible in the photo due to the rust and lighting?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange bronze A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?
    P
    Many

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Is it possible that the pin on Pierre's example is fluted but it is not visible in the photo due to the rust and lighting?
    Ralph.
    That´s the problem Ralph when we have no good pics to see the details.

Is the pin fluted Pierre?

In this pic the pin looks fluted....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange bronze A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?  

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    In this pic the pin looks fluted....
    I agree Joe.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

yes it is fluted. sorry for the pics, I'll try to do better in the future.

Can you make tomorrow new pics from this clasp?

Sharp pics in daylight would be great. I know it is not easy to make good pics. I don´t know how long i have needed to make good pics?

Maybe in this way...Bronze Juncker Nahkampfspange

I spend some time today to study the clasp. I am not sure with this clasp Ned.

Joe

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Can you make tomorrow new pics from this clasp?

Sharp pics in daylight would be great. I know it is not easy to make good pics. I don´t know how long i have needed to make good pics?

Maybe in this way...Bronze Juncker Nahkampfspange

I spend some time today to study the clasp. I am not sure with this clasp Ned.

Joe
    I agree Joe, the detail is incredibly good to my mind, and if it's fake it's the most accurate and sharp I've seen yet, AND I can now see the pin is fluted. I'm going to leave it there because to be honest I'm getting confused by the photo's so far. Time to sit back and watch for awhile I think.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I've been following this thread with interest & I wasn't keen from the off. But there are folks here better versed in NKS awards. My first impression was chemically aged, & looking at it's silhouette it's no where near a crisp & defined as these seemingly mass produced (compared to other NKS's) A.G.M.u.K.'s usually look. Stewy

I can't do it tomorrow in daylight due to family purposes (I'll do it later) but I've tried this evening with an other camera than mine. As you wrote it's not easy to take good pictures...
    I hope this helps a bit anyway.
    From the beginning I was surprised about the color, we don't see it correctly on the pics but it's a kind of mix between chocolate and copper depending on the light.

this last one has been done on daylight a few days ago:

by the way, the weight of the clasp is 38 grams.

best regards,

Pierre

Hi guys,

only regarding the fluted pin: I think the shape/dimension and the profile is not correct compared with a common used fluted pin out from the A.G.M u. K. companies.

Regards
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange bronze A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast