Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.

Article about: Hi, Some pics of my new incoming nahkampfspange in gold. Unfortunately, the gold color is very used. Best regards from Alsace , France. Carfin.

Default Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.

Hi,

Some pics of my new incoming nahkampfspange in gold.
    Unfortunately, the gold color is very used.
    Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.
    Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in gold by R.S.
    P
    Many

imo this is a poor copy of a RS badge,reason is the total lack of detail.

Hi Carfin,

imo it is an original clasp from Souval with wartime compatible parts, what i know from Souval clasps.

But the clasp have an changed and replaced backplate imo and the clasp is looking refinished too.

Greetings from Germany to France
    Joe

Could it also possibly be one of the notorious post 1945 awards that Souval continued producing? As Joe says, it certainly looks refinished looking at the weak details and flat spots that are especially noticable on the acorns and eagle's breast. The backplate has been out before now, or at least 'tightened' by peining the original crimps, and the overall remaining gold finish is suspect I feel. All in all, too many variables for me to consider it a 100% legitimate wartime gold clasp.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The parts of the clasp are wartime compatible imo Ned. Build together after the war with original parts, or wartime produced, who can it say for sure?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    The parts of the clasp are wartime compatible imo Ned. Build together after the war with original parts, or wartime produced, who can it say for sure?
    Hi Joe,

Yeah, that's what i'm thinking, "who can say it for sure?", and it puts me off big time. Furthermore, the backplate is not right imo. I've yet to see one that's 'gold' (and only on 1 side at that). I think it's actually a brass backplate that's been either rubbed down or chemically stripped of it's black paint/blueing, then repainted one side and fitted into the clasp, being held in by an amateur re tightening of the crimps. It's certainly been messed with, and the heavy wear on the obverse where it's patently been aggressively rubbed down just kills this piece for me, it's been buggered with for want of better words.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.