Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange Help

Article about: At the advice of fellow member and forum asset 'MAP' I’m making a thread for this Nahkampfspange that I encountered at an antique shop yesterday. I made a minor post about it on another th

Default Nahkampfspange Help

At the advice of fellow member and forum asset 'MAP' I’m making a thread for this Nahkampfspange that I encountered at an antique shop yesterday. I made a minor post about it on another thread, but I agree with MAP that it would be a wise idea to make a separate thread for this.

I apologize for the shoddy photos, but these were the best I was able to take in the busy shop. Judging from the poor photos can anyone comment on the originality of this example? Any and all thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Nahkampfspange HelpNahkampfspange HelpNahkampfspange HelpNahkampfspange Help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange Help
    P
    Many

If you haven't bought it yet, don't.
    It is a Staegemeir fake, with a post war Souval pin.
    Normally the fakes don't have the maker mark in the correct position but, Staegemeir fakes have corrected this issue.
    This one also has the wrong type of catch, close, but not correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

If you take a look and compare with the example in post 21 of this thread, you will see the differences.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you so much for letting me know Ralph! I really appreciate it.

I'll be sure to avoid this example. I'm really glad I consulted the forum on this one. To a novice like me I thought it stood a chance, and while I was in the shop I even considered buying it on the spot. You saved me from throwing money away!