Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?

Article about: Just got this FLL clasp, I take it as a real one and would like your opinions. Does FLL have different versions? I was asked which version this is, so I am also curious about it. Thanks.

?

Default Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?

Just got this FLL clasp, I take it as a real one and would like your opinions. Does FLL have different versions? I was asked which version this is, so I am also curious about it. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?   Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?
    P
    Many

You can compare the maker's mark, and the catch base, to my bronze example posted here.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, FLL, Friederich Linden, Ludenschied
    Or, you can see more examples in this thread.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Overall it looks like an FLL third pattern, if I am not mistaken. Here are some close-up images of my silver FLL for reference. Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real? And here is a bronze, but with different hardware. Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?
    Few things in life are better than a fine Close Combat Clasp

?

nice badge, thanks for sharing it.

?

Thank you all

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    And here is a bronze, but with different hardware. Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?
    Few things in life are better than a fine Close Combat Clasp
    I do not like the maker's mark on this badge.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

"I do not like the maker's mark on this badge.
    Ralph."

Please do share what you don't like about the maker's mark on this badge. As people browse these forums for information, having statements such as that next to an authentic item, with no further explanation, can be rather confusing.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    "I do not like the maker's mark on this badge.
    Ralph."

Please do share what you don't like about the maker's mark on this badge. As people browse these forums for information, having statements such as that next to an authentic item, with no further explanation, can be rather confusing.
    The only difference from a "2nd" pattern to a "3rd" pattern is the addition of a fluted pin, which none of these have.

Quite simple, from these photos of the maker's mark, I do not like it. I also do not like the "offset" catch.
    If you post some photos with a bit better contrast so that the maker's mark is seen clearly, there may be a different outcome.
    The maker's mark on your silver example is fine.
    Also, compare the maker's mark on your bronze example with mine.
    Ralph.

?

I would like to post some detailed photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?   Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?  

Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?   Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?  

"The only difference from a "2nd" pattern to a "3rd" pattern is the addition of a fluted pin, which none of these have."

- There were different dies used for both obverse and reverse on the different patterns of FLL CCCs. Typically the 2nd pattern has a soldered on hinge, the 3rd pattern has a crimped in hinge. Later, 3rd patterns went back to soldered on hinges. There are also fine differences on the obverse. As to the pins, 3rd pattern FLL CCC have been encountered with and without fluted pins.

The Bronze CCC I shown is a 3rd pattern with crimped in hardware. The R in Berlin has a die flaw on the top of the letter. Similarly, the circles around the letters FLL have known die flaws on the example I posted. For the hinge, the overall shape, tool marks, rotating pin, and deformity from pin stamping match an original. The recess and hole in which the wire catch is pressed in place, matches known originals. The tip of the catch has rubbed a line in the reverse of the CCC as this specific pin setup often does, the commonly encountered bend added to it.

The Bronze CCC you show is a different pattern FLL than mine, with subtle differences to maker's marks and other fine details.

The photos below illustrate some of the finer points of the third pattern, crimped in hardware FLL CCC.

Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?Silver Nahkampfspange by FLL - real?.
    Last edited by Chrish124; 12-06-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast