Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillerie Major

Article about: hello to all NVA lovers, I present to you the artillery major L. Müller in Strichtarn battle dress dated 1/F and equipped with his helmet camouflaged with a grainy paint. I had the opportun

Default Artillerie Major

hello
    to all NVA lovers,
    I present to you the artillery major L. Müller in Strichtarn battle dress dated 1/F and equipped with his helmet camouflaged with a grainy paint.
    I had the opportunity to acquire a few years ago an officer's suitcase containing several personal effects, card holder, raincoat, blanket, shoebox containing old shoulder pads, soap dish ....
    I share with you this moving testimony of a part of our history.

Artillerie Major
    Artillerie Major
    Artillerie Major
    Artillerie Major
    Artillerie Major

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillerie Major
    P
    Many

Some nice stuff like the rank insignia for technician uniforms. You do not see this very often. Trying to find out what the PF13301A belonged too...

Nice.
    Thanks for share

Regards
    Santi

?

Great addition.
    Just curious as I don't collect/study these.

Did the enlisted and officers wear the same beltbuckle on the field uniform's?

Semper Fi
    Phil

yes, from the introduction of Dederon belts. Leather belts were reserved for outing uniforms (troops and officers).

I have found the location of the PF number 13301A (coded mail address for Nationale Volksarmee). 13301 is the general number for MB III Leipzig, so the headquarter for that military district HQ. Not sure what A means here though.
    Part of MB III was , among others, the 3. Rakenbrigade in Tautenhain, one of two units with (possible) tactical nuclear weapons within NVA (provided by the Russian army in case of war). Tautenhain had mail code 19320 though.

Thumbs up

Good evening,
    it's true, it is indeed the MBIII in Leipzig.militaria cool
    We are dealing with a staff officer who was stationed in the command corps of the Third Army in Leipzig (at Vietelsweg-Gholis), the Kommando Militärbezirk III. Several military specialties making up the Third Army were therefore represented there. .. This would explain the presence of a card holder and other briefcases in the suitcase and that his combat gear is new and has never been worn ....
    The letter "A" can simply mean Artillerie (?)

What a fantastic find Eschborn, Brilliant and not something I've seen before like this here!

Default gesellschaftsuniform

Hello,

in the suitcase was the Gesellschafstuniform of Major Müller who became Obertsleutnant at the end of his career and here it is!
    The uniform has no markings but is in staffing from 1986.
    The dagger should not be worn on this version of the small Gesellschaftsuniform but on the large Gesellschatsuniform with the Achselschur.

Artillerie Major

Artillerie Major

Artillerie Major

Artillerie Major

I wonder about the suitcase. I have seen this also for officers of the Volksmarine, but what was the difference to the grey carrier bag for officer's, also called 'elephant purse'? Was it a newer version of that ?

Artillerie Major

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast