Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

DDR awards of Erika Schmidt

Article about: At the beginning of this year I picked up a very interesting bundle of documents and awards off Torsten Belger, and I've only just got around to scanning all the documents and photographing

Default DDR awards of Erika Schmidt

At the beginning of this year I picked up a very interesting bundle of documents and awards off Torsten Belger, and I've only just got around to scanning all the documents and photographing the awards. There's too much to post in one go, so I will break it down into sperate bundles and post over the next week or so... that is if there is sufficient interest shown to make it worth the effort! Collecting DDR militaria is not everybody's cup of tea!

All the documents and awards relate to Erika Schmidt who worked for the Deutsch Post and was also an active party member. In the photograph, Erika - on the right of the picture - is seen receiving one of her awards in about 1984. Click on images to enlarge.

DDR awards of Erika Schmidt

The next two of pictures are of her Urkunde for the: Banner der Arbeit stufe 111, and stufe 1

DDR awards of Erika Schmidt DDR awards of Erika Schmidt

And the awards themselves.... the earliest made award has a smooth back.

Cheers,
    Steve

DDR awards of Erika SchmidtDDR awards of Erika SchmidtDDR awards of Erika SchmidtDDR awards of Erika Schmidt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR awards of Erika Schmidt
    P
    Many

It's because of these fascinating personality groupings that I wish they'd keep numbering the awards. But once again great work Steve, the urkunden are always nice to look at, they're really unique items.

-Joel

?

The seller really does have a great site which I enjoy checking out regularly.
    It looks like you have a fascinating personal grouping there.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    The seller really does have a great site which I enjoy checking out regularly.
    It looks like you have a fascinating personal grouping there.
    Although I have never met Torsten, he only lives about 20 miles away from me. He really does put some good stuff on his website. I'll post another group of Schmidt's medals in a couple of days.

Cheers,
    Steve