Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Grenztruppen Summer Cotton Tunic

Article about: Hello all, Were cotton summer-weight tunics (v.s. regular wool/poly blend) issued to the Grenztruppen and NVA? I think the material used in the example below looks much thinner and lighter t

Default Grenztruppen Summer Cotton Tunic

Hello all,

Were cotton summer-weight tunics (v.s. regular wool/poly blend) issued to the Grenztruppen and NVA? I think the material used in the example below looks much thinner and lighter than the regular wool tunics.

Thanks!
    Gordon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenztruppen Summer Cotton Tunic
    P
    Many

Hello,

Yes, they were, through 1956-1976. Also known as the drillich uniform. The earliest ones lack the bottom front pockets. The tunic in the picture looks just fine, but I'd always check the backside of the collar to see if the collar tabs are originally applied.

If you know German, this is a good read about drillich uniforms: http://www.tierfreunde-luebben.de/63901.html

-Joel

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Hello,

Yes, they were, through 1956-1976. Also known as the drillich uniform. The earliest ones lack the bottom front pockets. The tunic in the picture looks just fine, but I'd always check the backside of the collar to see if the collar tabs are originally applied.

If you know German, this is a good read about drillich uniforms: http://www.tierfreunde-luebben.de/63901.html

-Joel
    Cheers for the link Joel
    Google translator works
    Last edited by reneblacky; 04-17-2019 at 04:36 AM.

Thanks for the link Joel, and some of those prices on the website show just how valuable some of the earlier tunics are becoming!

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Thanks for the link Joel, and some of those prices on the website show just how valuable some of the earlier tunics are becoming!

Cheers,
    Steve
    I couldn't agree more. A very informative website, with lots of info and some nice photos to go with it.
    Thank you for the link Joel.

Regards, Rik