Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Grenztruppen Unteroffizer Walking out/service uniform.

Article about: Hello, good people of the War Relics Forum! This is my first real post. After my trip to Germany, I picked up a Grenztruppen service tunic, with Unteroffizer shoulder boards. I would like to

Ach, alas, it doesn't . It looks more like the enlisted type. I'm gonna see if I can sell the boards, hat, and belt on eBay.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenztruppen Unteroffizer Walking out/service uniform.
    P
    Many

Sorry Mate, hey keep them and get a EM jacket too!

I would, but I'd rather have an officer's uniform, now thinking about it. Thank you so much for all your help.

Glad to help Jan, BTW you sparked me up to play with a bunch of caps that I haven't pulled out for a couple of years!!

Very nice collection! Impressive, indeed!

Quote by Jan Harms View Post
    Very nice collection! Impressive, indeed!
    Thanks Mate, I have one or two more here.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    This is the enlisted type, note the quality difference.
    When seen side by side the difference in the material is quite obvious with the officers being very clearly better quality than the more coarse and "fuzzy" or "woolly" EM type.

A point to note however is that in GT units on the Berlin Wall in particular and the Berlin Garrison area in general EM wore officer quality caps with EM cap badge and chin strap. The Wachtregiment did the same. So, if you see such a combination it is likely correct and should not be assumed to be a "put together" for tourists.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Here's my half dummy display for you to see what is needed. A brown pistol holster helps too.
    Another example for reference, this one is worn rather than unissued ex-stores as very many on the market are;

and this one is dressed for parade

The shirt and tie are easy enough to find on German Ebay and are the same for all NVA pers. The grey/blue is for everyday wear and the white is for parade wear. The tie is a very dark grey rather than jet black. If you have a major problem with finding one give me a PM I can probably help.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-13-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you very much for the information. I have another question if you don't mind. I have found a shirt on eBay.de. I was wondering if a size 39N shirt would fit with a size M48 tunic? Thanks, -Jan.

Quote by Jan Harms View Post
    Thank you very much for the information. I have another question if you don't mind. I have found a shirt on eBay.de. I was wondering if a size 39N shirt would fit with a size M48 tunic? Thanks, -Jan.
    Hi Jan,

For display purposes the sizes in relation to each other do not matter and who knows what sizes an individual might wear in reality? Having the correct colour/type is the important factor.

If you search for European clothing sizes on the net you will get a good idea.

Did you find a tie?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-15-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Typo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast