Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grenztruppen Unteroffizer Walking out/service uniform.

Article about: Hello, good people of the War Relics Forum! This is my first real post. After my trip to Germany, I picked up a Grenztruppen service tunic, with Unteroffizer shoulder boards. I would like to

Question Grenztruppen Unteroffizer Walking out/service uniform.

Hello, good people of the War Relics Forum! This is my first real post. After my trip to Germany, I picked up a Grenztruppen service tunic, with Unteroffizer shoulder boards. I would like to know if I am missing any pieces (besides the shirt, tie, boots and button), That would be needed with the uniform. I'm going for the uniform of a Career NCO in Berlin, so there are no medals/ribbons attached. Sorry for the bad picture quality, I took it with an older phone. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenztruppen Unteroffizer Walking out/service uniform.
    P
    Many

Default Better Photo

Here's a better photo. I don't know why it loaded sideways on the first post. Sorry!

Nice set, but it appears that the jacket is an officer's one, so you'll need the cap, belt and boards.

Oh no! I wish I knew that before getting the wrong belt and hat. What makes it an officer's coat, if you don't mind my asking? Also, could I purchase a silver chinstrap, or what it's called for the hat instead of just buying a new one? Thanks!

Thanks,
    Jan
    Last edited by Jan Harms; 09-11-2020 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Added question about hat.

Quote by Jan Harms View Post
    Oh no! I wish I knew that before getting the wrong belt and hat. What makes it an officer's coat, if you don't mind my asking? Also, could I purchase a silver chinstrap, or what it's called for the hat instead of just buying a new one? Thanks!

Thanks,
    Jan
    Here's my half dummy display for you to see what is needed. A brown pistol holster helps too.

Ah, I see that you are indeed correct. I don't know how I missed the piping and didn't notice the higher-quality collar insignia. If you don't mind, where did you get the shirt and tie? I've searched everywhere, but can't find them. It seems that a shirt for a size M48 tunic is rather rare these days.

Thanks,
    Jan

Your best bet to find the shirt is German ebay, that's where I got most of my DDR junk. Here's an enlisted jacket, an NCO will have silver tress around the collar.

Alright, i'll be sure to look there. Thank you so much for telling me this! I'm going to order a new braid/chinstrap/cord for the hat, a new belt, and some Leutnant shoulder boards. Thank you for your help!

Does your cap have the officer's cockade?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-12-2020 at 12:01 AM. Reason: added pic

This is the enlisted type, note the quality difference.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast