Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

Article about: A recent pick up from Germany... a photo album of both KVP and VoPo members. Several of the photographs are sports-related, but there are some good pictures of both KVP & VoPo personnel.

Default Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

A recent pick up from Germany... a photo album of both KVP and VoPo members. Several of the photographs are sports-related, but there are some good pictures of both KVP & VoPo personnel. The bespectacled officer appears in many of the pictures... Click on all images to enlarge.

Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

A few KVP pictures... The photograph of the parade in Berlin is very reminiscent of the Allgemeine SS.

Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

A few pictures of a group of runners... and a few shots of VoPo officers....

Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

I found this next group of pictures very interesting. The officers undergoing small arms instruction appear to be armed with Browning Model 1910/22 pistols. Whatever they are its certainly not Makarov or Tokarev pistols...

Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo albumKasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album

The very last image is a cropped version of the officers lined up on the firing point. There are 76 pictures in total, and the album seems to have gone largely unnoticed on 'eBay de', and I ended up getting it for an extremely reasonable price when you consider what individual pictures tend to go for these days.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kasernierte Volkspolizei & VoPo photo album
    P
    Many

Lovely lot of pics there Steve, glad you scanned them too! Cheers for showing Mate.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Lovely lot of pics there Steve, glad you scanned them too! Cheers for showing Mate.
    There are 76 in total, but some are more mundane. The album is in excellent condition with just two images missing. The problem with these albums is that people break them up and sell the images separately. Several of the images in this are marked with a red pen, and they look like the same bloke from (possibly) first serving in the KVP before entering the Volkspolizei.

Cheers,
    Steve

Great document!
    Santi

?

You have managed to find a very good looking photo album Steve. Definitely some amazing photographs in there. Thank you for sharing.

I think a have a couple of early KVP photos, but I have just moved to a new house and my collection is still boxed up. If I find them I will post them here in the NVA forum.

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    You have managed to find a very good looking photo album Steve. Definitely some amazing photographs in there. Thank you for sharing.

I think a have a couple of early KVP photos, but I have just moved to a new house and my collection is still boxed up. If I find them I will post them here in the NVA forum.

Regards, Rik
    I look forward to seeing them Rik

Cheers,
    Steve