Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

KVP or VoPo belt & holster.

Article about: A recent Fleabay de acquisition... a nice early pattern belt and holster set which could either be KVP or VoPo. The wear to holster and belt match, so I am assuming that they have always bee

Default KVP or VoPo belt & holster.

A recent Fleabay de acquisition... a nice early pattern belt and holster set which could either be KVP or VoPo. The wear to holster and belt match, so I am assuming that they have always been together. Its a shame about the loss of paint to the buckle, but it's a nice early one made out of nickel plated brass. Note the style of the hook compared to later variants. I have stitched the loop on the back of the holster since these pictures were taken.

Cheers,
    Steve.

KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.KVP or VoPo belt & holster.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVP or VoPo belt & holster.
    P
    Many

Very nice Mate, I've been looking for a buckle like that.

Hi Paul,

There have been three sold on eBay de in the past few days... just the buckle, no leather.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Paul,

There have been three sold on eBay de in the past few days... just the buckle, no leather.

Cheers,
    Steve
    ebay.de?

Very nice Steve, the history behind these pieces is iconic. That period is fascinating and the half hidden truths are only now leaking out!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 10-21-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    ebay.de?

Yes, I wouldn't buy one in UK the prices can be ridiculous.

There always seem to be a couple about but bide your time and don't just grab the first one. Many have no paint left in the tricolour but worse a lot have been retouched. I hung on until a good one popped up complete with belt in great condition.

KVP or VoPo belt & holster.

Top tip; a lot of Ebay.de sellers don't give postage cost for UK and some specify No Postage to UK.

I just ignore that and write to them presenting my bona fides (mentioning how many times I have bought from sellers just like them in Germany before) and inviting them to check my feedback.

It has worked every single time even with the ones with those who write in red capitals KEIN VERSAND NACH GROSSBRITANNIEN (they must have experienced some real doomers!)

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Lovely Grouping Steve.
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    Lovely Grouping Steve.
    Thanks James, usually it is just the buckle that is seen for auction. To find one with its original leather belt is rare, but to find one with its original holster is rarer still! The holster is probably for a Makarov, but the Mauser HSC fits it perfectly too.

Cheers,
    Steve