Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NVA 25 year service award.

Article about: Just arrived from Germany... I had been after one for a while - although the prices being asked put me off. But I came across this one comparatively cheap compared to some that are on offer.

Default NVA 25 year service award.

Just arrived from Germany... I had been after one for a while - although the prices being asked put me off. But I came across this one comparatively cheap compared to some that are on offer. The dagger measures 7 inches in length. Click on picture to enlarge

Cheers,
    Steve

NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA 25 year service award.
    P
    Many

I've never seen one before. The photo is very deceiving, the dagger looks much smaller than 7". Very nice award and document. Imprinted seals look great on documents.

?

That is a very nice example of the award you managed to acquire Steve. It looks stunning. For me the prettiest award of the DDR.

Regards, Rik
    Last edited by Rik.S; 04-20-2018 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Mistake

First time for me as well to see this decoration and it is very nice award indeed.

Best regards,
    Franko

A very nice find Steve, i like that a lot!...

That is a real nice piece! I like it! Good find, thanks for sharing it!

I must be doing something right... even my wife likes it!

Another 'ehren dolch' currently on sale on eBay Germany. This one is being advertised as a General's 25 year service award. Asking price is over £400. Although in my view it is not much use with a missing 'Urkunde' containing the recipients details.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Another 'ehren dolch' currently on sale on eBay Germany. This one is being advertised as a General's 25 year service award. Asking price is over £400. Although in my view it is not much use with a missing 'Urkunde' containing the recipients details.

Cheers,
    Steve

I agree entirely. The Urkunde is what makes it in the case of these items. Also, I am not convinced the red colour is indicative of generals rank? Although with the red "stones" on the laurel it is clearly intended to be different. Does anyone have details?

Here is one in my collection which belongs to the medal group of an Oberstleutnant of engineers in 4 MSD at Erfurt (I have almost all the group less one medal - bronze excellence and one urkunde -20 year TD and I also have his sons group too!). The "cassette" is A5 size so that scales the whole thing. The medallion on the award itself is a representation of the Treue Dienste medal itself and the award is meant to hang on the wall which is probably why the parts tend to become separated.

Regards

Mark
    NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.NVA 25 year service award.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very nice Mark, and especially so with the other family items too. In this day and age it is extremely difficult to find such groupings that have not been broken up for more filthy lucre...

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast