Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

NVA bread bag, mess kit and water bottle

Article about: A few more bits for my Stabsfeldwebel mannequin, It's over stamped with he 1960 stamp, the previous one looks like it says 1953 or 1958, can't quite make it out. The letters? in the upper le

Default NVA bread bag, mess kit and water bottle

A few more bits for my Stabsfeldwebel mannequin,
    It's over stamped with he 1960 stamp, the previous one looks like it says 1953 or 1958, can't quite make it out. The letters? in the upper left corner of the stamp almost look like Yugoslavian Cyrillic markings.

And sometimes it pays to buy things in large quantities, I have a big bag of east German water bottles and I found one of the older style mixed in with the 25. It has 4 buttons on the cover and the cap is held to the bottle with a chain, the newer style has enough on the strap to attach it to a belt and the cap is held on with a bit of plastic, and the cover only has 3 buttons.

The mess kit is an earlier version, from what I've read it's closer to the late war German kits. The East Germans had 3 variations, this is the first. They were also 3 piece kits, but it seems people through away the inner lid, complete examples seem to be harder to find.

And all ready for a walk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA bread bag, mess kit and water bottle
    P
    Many

I forgot this picture, this is the 3 variations of the mess kit, the top is the early, first variation, lower left is second and lower right is third. The only difference really being the amount of metal used in the handle for the tie down.

Lovely sets, but I think (I always stand to be corrected) the mess tin is West German, here's my water bottle with the same markings, and also my two NVA mess tin variations

I think you're right Rene, I've been looking at some of the BW items, an P. Pr Bln. Seems to be Polizei Prasedium Berlin. Was used from 1948-1965. I found one picture in the BW forums here that seemed to have the same swivels as a BGS mess kit, but can't tell for sure on my phone. It'a back to more research. Thanks for that though, extra eyes are always welcome