Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

Article about: Here an NVA helmet M56 "early design". Some time ago I bought a bunch of helmets, of which I was really only interested in an American helmet from the "Berlin Brigade" an

Default NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

Here an NVA helmet M56 "early design".

Some time ago I bought a bunch of helmets, of which I was really only interested in an American helmet from the "Berlin Brigade" and this helmet from the NVA, although the seller's pictures hardly showed any details.

Among the helmets were some British "plate helmets" and "Turtles", a French helmet shell from WWII and some old Bundeswehr helmets that I gave to a work colleague's sons.
    The boys are now playing soldier with the helmets and are very happy with them!

The condition of the M56 looks worse on the pictures than it actually is.
    This is a really nice, collectable, towed helmet.
    These "old" "56s" are no longer cheaper nowadays! ...
    NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".
    P
    Many

The "light", "rough camouflage" of the helmet is also very nice!

the year of manufacture,

(April 1963)
    stamped in the rim of the shell
    NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

The M56 is still equipped with the "old" lining.
    If the pads are splinted on to absorb shock and impact, it is a second model lining (if the pads are sewn on, then it is the first model)
    The felt strap is also pinned on.
    Due to the characteristics of the lining, this is a helmet of the second version.

The lining is stamped with size 57 in a circle.
    Inside the lining a small ink stamp: 16

On the left side is one of the "plates", riveted to the aluminum ring for attaching the eyelet for the chin strap, stamped with: 57
    This is probably the indication of the size of the lining.
    NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

A long time ago I received three NVA helmets from the former GDR at once.
    The previous owner found the helmets somewhere and had no use for them, so I got them.
    Including this M56 "Early Variant".

"Early variant" (the pads are tied / sewn).
    The cheek protectors were sewn on in this variant and unfortunately they have already come off here.

Stamp in the edge of the bell:
    II

Lining size:
    NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".

NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".  

Another "First Model"

The shell is stamped II/57, the lining is stamped 57
    57 also stamped on an eyelet for looping through the chain strap.

I actually only know the helmet camouflage net with the hooks to hang it in the edge of the helmet.
    The net, which I received with the helmet and which was already on the helmet, is for tying.
    Weren't these nets intended for the jump helmet?

The helmet is personified.

Hello,

I saw the previous post on the camouflage netting.
    There are two main models:
    - the first appeared in 1969, which is fixed with a cord, but impractical and ...
    - the second, which attaches to the edge of the helmet with metal hooks, appeared in the 1970s

I love these helmets, they have an incomparable style and seeing a size II mark for a 57 helmet is quite rare, I have 2, but size I.

As you seem to be interested in this field and in order to know if the chinstraps correspond well to the helmet: the protection triangles are first sewn on the chinstraps, which is fragile and they are often torn off.
    From 1962, the triangles are provided with slots through which the chinstraps pass, this fixing system is maintained until the end.

Here are pictures of a helmet that I just bought recently.

Unfortunately, due to its condition, it's probably no longer worth collecting, but I still like this "worn" example!

The pads on this helmet are still tied and not riveted.
    The cheek guards on the "Sturmriemen" / chin strap are sewn on.

The shell has a slight "Rauhtarn" / rough camouflage structure.

The stamping in the edge of the rim of the shell (size II) of the helmet (made in 1961):
    II

NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".NVA helmet M56 "Early Design".
    Last edited by Reibert; 12-22-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast