Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NVA Officers dagger

Article about: Hi, mates, I´m not really collectin´ NVA Officers daggers, but, I like them, so ... Wanna show you this Offiziersdolch der NVA der, (ehemaligen), DDR, (Land- u., Lufteinheiten),worn by a L

Default NVA Officers dagger

Hi, mates,

I´m not really collectin´ NVA Officers daggers, but, I like them, so ...

Wanna show you this Offiziersdolch der NVA der, (ehemaligen), DDR, (Land- u., Lufteinheiten),worn by a Lieutenant, (a medic).
    The Lt. was a member of the engineer regiment 3 .
    The officer received the dagger, (Gerätenummer: 42754), in 1977, as far I was told by the seller of the set.

Auctioned this mixed lot, (flag not included), on the cheap, only weeks ago.

The blade shows the "Mühlhausen -Logo", die "Drei Türme", ("The Three Towers"), a segment of the town wall of the city of Mühlhausen, showin´the Rabenturm, (the "Raven´s Tower").

Best regards,
    R.
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Officers dagger
    P
    Many

Excellent pick ups! I love the design of these things as well. I plan to get one of those daggers myself one day.

-Joel

?

Great looking dagger.
    Looks like you have the belt and hanger to Boot!!!!
    Very Nice!

Semper Fi
    Phil

A nice looking dagger, and especially so with the extra's that go with it. If you got this cheap you did well, as prices are spiralling upwards. I got my own back in 2017 for £125, and it is one of the rarer velvet lined wooden cased ones with an inscription on the back of the scabbard. It is a low serial number of 50, but there is no makers mark to the blade. Click on images to enlarge.

Thanks for showing yours.

Cheers,
    Steve

NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

Indeed these are attractive items of Cold War regalia.
    I always wanted one when I was serving in Berlin before the wall came down and then they could be had for about 200DM, I don't know how that equates to Euro prices today but as Steve says they seem to be appreciating.
    Anyway, whilst I was in Berlin I just never got round to it as there was always something else to catch my beady eye

Now have six and I do have to hold myself back when I see another for sale.

Here are a couple of pics of my Generals type which was worn with a gold coloured brocade belt which had gold hangers with different coloured felt backing on the straps; red for heer & others, blue for airforce, green for GT and navy blue for Volksmarine. The Generals dagger also had the Staatswappen on the pommel. Also a picture of the other daggers worn by "Fraternal Nations"

Regards

Mark

NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I always wanted one when I was serving in Berlin before the wall came down and then they could be had for about 200DM, I don't know how that equates to Euro prices today but as Steve says they seem to be appreciating.
    Regards
    Mark
    Mark, I bougt my dagger at auction, (including the other stuff), in mid-October last year for an amount of Euro´s 225,-- incl. shipping.
    Relatively inexpensive, I´d say.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Mark, I bougt my dagger at auction, (including the other stuff), in mid-October last year for an amount of Euro´s 225,-- incl. shipping.
    Relatively inexpensive, I´d say.
    Yes I think that was a good deal. A private sale would cost substantially more and a dealer more than that. You got the lot for a good dagger price

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Mark, the same vendor had one dagger more, (together with an uniform !), in another auction on the, particular, auction site for sell, (flag not included).
    No bids so far, so I contacted him to ask for an immediate purchase, and, I was lucky actually ! ...

The dagger, and, all the other stuff you can see, I was able to buy for an amount of Euro´s 220,-- and the seller packed the uniform, and, the 2nd dagger, (together with the first dagger of the medic and all of the accessories), in one, single, packet !

The Gerätenummer of the dagger: 69354 (manufactured in the early 80´s ? ).

The seller told me the dagger, and, the uniform, was worn the last time on October 7th 1989.
    The date of the very last GDR Ehrenparade/Militärparade !

I guess, it´s the uniform of an Oberleutnant (mot. Schützen ? ).
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

Very nice set Reibert! It may indeed have been worn, but most of this stuff is unused surplus put together, so you'll never know really.

-Joel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast