Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A rare bird !

Article about: Hi, mates, wanna show You this, seldom seen, NVA Gravity Knife, (Fallmesser / Schwerkraftmesser der NVA / GST). It´s a clone of the Fliegerkappmesser M37 of the WL (Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe), er

In 1966 a movie of the DEFA, (Deutsche Film AG), entitled "Die Söhne der großen Bärin", was introduced in the cinemas of the GDR.
    In one of the beginning publicity stills You can see the Fliegerkappmesser der Wehrmacht M1937

Such Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe Gravity Knives were still in use in the NVA of the GDR and in other DDR formations.
    Later, the GDR manufactured it´s own version of the Fliegerkappmesser der WL, as shown here in this thread.
    A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

Also in the "Sissi Trilogy", (starring Romy Schneider), in "Part I" there´s a szene showin´ the Fliegerkappmesser of the Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe as a prop !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A rare bird !
    P
    Many

Exclamation cannot believe ! ...

Another one ! ...

This time: GST (Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik) !
    A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

?

Sorry.. is there a knife in that film still?
    Didn’t notice it.

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Another one ! ...

This time: GST (Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik) !
    Some more images of this, really scarce, (Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik isnt´t that often seen!), Gravity Knife:
    A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

...A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

You mentioned before you do not want to remove the stickers, but aren't you afraid they might leave a residue on the handles? I would def remove them

Its just such a nice knife....

A collectors mate told me, the tags are on the knives since 20, or, 30 yrs. already, so, ...

Quote by Reibert View Post
    A collectors mate told me, the tags are on the knives since 20, or, 30 yrs. already, so, ...
    For information:
    A collector colleague from Germany told me the following:

"It was from the early / mid 90s to the early 2000s when these knives were offered with exactly these "stickers".
    I know the stickers only too well, I've often held them in my hands myself.

The way of sticking articles, the price labeller and the label belong to IAT (International Airborne Travel), was always on the arms fairs, was later renamed army-books (Kassel stock exchange, right after the entrance, the large book stall on the right).
    The man was a paratrooper himself and had/has the warehouse full of NVA Para items etc...

The knives were always in a display case together with the NVA, Wehrmacht and BW, (Bundeswehr), gravity knives as long as they were still allowed to be freely sold.

Hence the price and the labeling, then stuck to the books in that way, since the labels (arrows, etc.) came from large blocks and he had them a lot under the sales stand / wallpaper table.

I've known him for 30 years and was a part-time helper at his stand for years, so the stickers bring back memories ;-).
    I often had the knife in my hand myself back then, not my collector's topic, but something special.
    I'm surprised that the buyer left them on the knife, they have absolutely nothing to do with the history of the piece.
    "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2