Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A rare bird !

Article about: Hi, mates, wanna show You this, seldom seen, NVA Gravity Knife, (Fallmesser / Schwerkraftmesser der NVA / GST). It´s a clone of the Fliegerkappmesser M37 of the WL (Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe), er

Default A rare bird !

Hi, mates,
    wanna show You this, seldom seen, NVA Gravity Knife, (Fallmesser / Schwerkraftmesser der NVA / GST).

It´s a clone of the Fliegerkappmesser M37 of the WL (Wehrmacht-Luftwaffe), "Erstes Modell", (1st pattern).

Pretty interesting, the price tag upon one grip plate !
    It says, the Gravity knife had an sticker price of DM (Deutschmark) 740,-- then !
    At that time, a lot of money !

IMO it´s much more easier to get a Fliegerkappmesser of the Wehrmacht, than a Gravity knife of the NVA nowadays ! ...
    A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A rare bird !
    P
    Many

Some more images:
    A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !A rare bird !

Love it, Cheers for showing!

Already forgot, I showed two other NVA Gravity Knives yrs. ago here in the forum:
    scarce NVA Para´s "Fallmesser"

A great find, but the price sticker is not contemporary I think. It would have said EVP xxx M (EVP Einzelhandelsverkaufspreis or retail sales price) on a printed receipt, or look like on the picture below.
    It is an old sticker, but not as old as the knife .

A rare bird !

What a great gravity knife, wanted one myself but sadly illegal in the UK now.

Quote by baerchen View Post
    It is an old sticker, but not as old as the knife .
    Of course not !
    When the knives were manufactured in the, former, GDR they didn´t sell them to the class enemy right away for sure ! ...

The "border crossing" of such knives from east to west took place after the fall of the Berlin wall and such knives were sold in Western Germany then !

That is my thinking as well, and the price of 760 DM seems super high for those times.
    Truly a rare item though, nice find !!!!
    Will you remove the sticker ? I am always afraid stickers leak glue and damage underlying material.

?

The best way to remove a sticker (if you decide to do so), is with lighter fluid. A few drops will dissolve the glue and allow you to lift the sticker. It may take a few repeats and a little time, but the lighter fluid will evaporate quickly, before doing any harm to the underlying surface.

It always irritates me to see (modern) price stickers on items, added by sellers; more so when they have been peeled off ‘dry’ - damaging the finish of leather, or leaving glue residue on fabric, that quickly attracts grime, to leave a grubby, square mark.

I don´t want to remove the sticker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast