Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Restored Luftstreitkräfte officer tunic 1965

Article about: I decided to upgrade my restoration project a bit. Now it is a Luftstreitkräfte Hauptmann, with Leistungsabzeichen (proficiency badge) and a ribbon bar with three service medals and one meri

Default Restored Luftstreitkräfte officer tunic 1965

I decided to upgrade my restoration project a bit. Now it is a Luftstreitkräfte Hauptmann, with Leistungsabzeichen (proficiency badge) and a ribbon bar with three service medals and one merit medal. I sew in the collar tabs by hand. The tunic is dated I/65 (1st quarter of 1965). The size tag has been cut off but it feels very small, like a K44 in the NVA sizing system. These earlier tunics have sharper pockets, wider lapels, zig-zag stitching under the collar, and are made from a bit thicker and richer wool, and they also have a slightly greener tone.

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restored Luftstreitkräfte officer tunic 1965
    P
    Many

?

Great work Joel, the tunic looks really nice!

Regards, Rik

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Great work Joel, the tunic looks really nice!

Regards, Rik
    Thanks Rik. I'm very happy about how this turned out!

A nice tunic, but my book on 'Auszeichnungen' by Klaus & Uta Feder, indicates that the Leistungsabzeichen was worn on the pleat of the left - or right breast pocket, between 1960 and 1972, and above the right breast pocket from 1972 onwards.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A nice tunic, but my book on 'Auszeichnungen' by Klaus & Uta Feder, indicates that the Leistungsabzeichen was worn on the pleat of the left - or right breast pocket, between 1960 and 1972, and above the right breast pocket from 1972 onwards.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Interesting, I haven't heard of that before! Thank you Steve for pointing that out, I'll move the badge. I should get that book as well.

-Joel

Here you go Joel... I should have scanned this for you earlier. Now don't you go thinking I'm an 'expert' in these things, because I'm not. But a good set of reference books (or even just one) are worth their weight in gold! Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Here you go Joel... I should have scanned this for you earlier. Now don't you go thinking I'm an 'expert' in these things, because I'm not. But a good set of reference books (or even just one) are worth their weight in gold! Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Excellent, thank you again. I'm surprised to see that the badge changed positions so many times! You are correct, these books may not always come cheap but they are always worth it...

-Joel