Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Some new DDR/NVA purchases

Article about: This autumn I've picked up some new items. A 1962 visor cap for an air force (Luftstreitkräfte) officer. Some oxidation on the bullion and the cockade has some patina. Most of these on the

Default Some new DDR/NVA purchases

This autumn I've picked up some new items. A 1962 visor cap for an air force (Luftstreitkräfte) officer. Some oxidation on the bullion and the cockade has some patina. Most of these on the market are very small sizes like this one, probably because they're unissued, and they're the only ones left and the ones in use were converted to the later styled ones with the metal insignia.

Here's a pair of bandsman's shoulder pads, or whatever you want to call them. In German they're called swallow nests (Schwalbennester). These are for Grenztruppen as indicated by the green backing. These are getting harder to find at decent prices!

And below is a formal uniform (Gesellschaftsuniform) for a member of the traffic police (Transportpolizei, Trapo). Dated 1978, it has some signs of use and very nicely sewn metal collar tabs, and first pattern shoulder boards for a lieutenant colonel (Oberstleutnant) It has a factory number of 1947, which I've never seen before.

Finally, a copy of Ralph Pickard's Stasi Decorations and Memorabilia. Excellent reference book with very comprehensive photographs and descriptions. I recommend every DDR collector get this if possible.

-Joel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some new DDR/NVA purchases
    P
    Many

?

I really like the visor Joel ! I love the quality of the early visors

The swallow nests are also pretty neat

Thanks, I'm a big fan of the early bullion insignia. You can really feel how the gabardine is softer and thicker, and the visor is made from vulcanfibre instead of cheap plastic.