Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

17. SS Artillery Regiment and SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatzregiment)

Article about: I'm Dutch. Speak English, German, French and of course Dutch. Are doing research on WW1 wargraves in The Netherlands. Have identified a few unknown war graves. Got or will get new grave ston

?

Default 17. SS Artillery Regiment and SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatzregiment)

I'm Dutch. Speak English, German, French and of course Dutch.
    Are doing research on WW1 wargraves in The Netherlands. Have identified a few unknown war graves. Got or will get new grave stone with their name.
    My latest project is a Dutch boy who was lost in France in August 1944 during an American bombardement.
    I think I found his grave. Dutch army has taken DNA of brother.
    In connection with this story I'm now also interested in a German father and son who also were in France at that time.
    The father was a civil servant in France and the son was SS.
    I contacted WASt and also Freiburg. They do not have much about the two.

I would like to have more information about what WASt told me about the son who was born in December 1925. They wrote:

Erkennungsmarke: -973- II. Ausb. u. Ers. Rgt. SS-Ar. Stamm-Bttr.
    (Stamm-Batterie II. Bataillon SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-
    Regiment)
    Truppenteile: laut Meldung vom 07.08.1944 1. Batterie SS-Artillerie-Regiment 17

And also:

Lazarettaufenthalte:
    07.08.1944 – 07.08.1944 Krankensammelstelle St. Hilaire-
    Damville St. Sebastian -wegen Kniegelenkserguss links-

17.08.1944 – 02.09.1944 Reserve-Kriegslazarett 2/614 ohne
    Ortsangabe -ohne Diagnose-

Dienstgrad:
    laut Meldung vom 17.08.1944 SS-Kanonier

And I also have a letter of the father dated 5 January 1945 who says that his son was wounded in Protektorat. Son also got EK II; Sturmabzeichen and Verwundetenabzeichen.

So it seems that the son was sent to France after he became 18. This to join the 17. SS which was under construction at that time.
    The 17. SS was sent to Normandy after the invasion. There he got this twisted knee.
    Then he was wounded and hospitalised in 2/614 which is a hospital in Brussels I guess.
    And then he suddenly is in the Protektorat at the end of 1944/beginning 1945.

I read that the SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatzregiment was in what is now the Czech Republic/then Protektorat. They had half a province or so "emptied" to make a training area.

Could anyone tell me how this gunner came from 17.SS in France/Brussels? in the Protektorat? Is there any place/archive that could have more information about the SS gunner? The boy survived the war. Died in the 1970'

Best regards,
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 17. SS Artillery Regiment and SS-Artillerie-Ausbildungs- und Ersatzregiment)
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

Welcome to the forum. And, the best of luck in your search for information