Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Alabama girl researching an inherited small but nice collection of German memorabilia

Article about: Hi, everyone. My father was Vietnam veteran of the Marine Corps, as am I. But he was a Purple Heart recipient twice, and I most certainly am not. He had many collections: Stamps, coins, firs

Default Alabama girl researching an inherited small but nice collection of German memorabilia

Hi, everyone. My father was Vietnam veteran of the Marine Corps, as am I. But he was a Purple Heart recipient twice, and I most certainly am not. He had many collections: Stamps, coins, first day covers, arrowheads, knives, guns, Betty Boop items, and more. But he had a fascination and great interest in German Nazi memorabilia. Unfortunately, after living poisoned by agent orange and alcohol, he passed away in 2011 of metastatic lung cancer. I inherited his sort of small but incredibly interesting collection of German, I’m assuming mostly Nazi, stuff. I have sold some of his guns and miscellaneous things, but I haven’t been willing to part with any of his German stuff at all, mainly bc of the sentimentality but also bc I have absolutely NO CLUE of the rarity or value of it. A few days ago, My mom pulled out 3 small boxes containing Nazi pins, badges, awards, miniature badge pins, a “tinny” (I think), and many of the items are SS things. I just started researching things like crazy, and I have learned SO MUCH about several items in a short time, constantly taking notes. I’ve only become slightly obsessed, lol. Your forums and information have been the most helpful and so interesting! I have a few items that have me completely bewildered, and I would love to be a part of your community so I can share things with y’all to hopefully gather historical info and ultimately be able to put a monetary value to the collection if possible. Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a great day!

Sincerely,
    Jaime Weiland (aka Twiggylaine)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alabama girl researching an inherited small but nice collection of German memorabilia
    P
    Many

Welcome to the Forum, Jaime.
    Some experts around here. Many of them will be able to help you with the identification of the objects in your father's collection

Regards
    Santi

Hello Jaime.

Welcome aboard.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Hello Jaime, welcome to the fold. I'm looking forward to seeing what you post. good luck.
    Regards, Al