Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

approval post

Article about: I have been a collector of English and American flying jackets since the early ā€˜70s. Although from London I moved to Worthing in the 1970s (stayed for about 5 years before returning to Lon

Default approval post

I have been a collector of English and American flying jackets since the early ā€˜70s. Although from London I moved to Worthing in the 1970s (stayed for about 5 years before returning to London) where I befriended Peter Gray who started the Military Conservation Group (now the Military Vehicle Trust). At the time I had a 1943 WLC45 which he rebuilt for me (I still have it in fact) and also bought a '43 Willys MB from a friend of his which I used to go on his Dday Memorial tours to Normandy. In the late '50s I had bought Army surplus gear like M41s and Irvins for using riding motorcycles, after buying the jeep i started buying originl A2s, B3s and G1s etc to wear on the jeep on tours.
    I have now retired and sadly sold Jeep a couple of years ago as I hadn't used it for a while and it needed to be sued and loved, but still have a few of the jackets and keeping an interest on memorabilia. In fact it was looking up Zipp zips to check on a German leather overcoat that i bought in Frankfurt in the 1970s when working there that i came across this site. I may post on that later.
    Best regards
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement approval post
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Welcome on the WRF John...
    Hope you find here what you're looking for
    (I played basketball for Worthing in the 90s)
    Thanks
    FELDGRAUEN, the German soldier on the western front, Summer & Autumn 1944
    New self-published book for sale, the pre-order is now open. one can see that ad in the classifieds (section TR uniforms), special price for pre-orders

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of the honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)