Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bayonet indentification in the right direction

Article about: Hello everyone, I have been searching around and have not been able to find any sort of indentification for this bayonet. There are no identifiable markings on either the sheath or the weapo

Default Bayonet indentification in the right direction

Hello everyone,
    I have been searching around and have not been able to find any sort of indentification for this bayonet.
    There are no identifiable markings on either the sheath or the weapon. Hopefully, someone with a bit more experience can point me in the correct direction as to where it came from. Knowing "My luck", it is nothing special and I will just use it to open cans of soup.
    Let me know what you think of the attached pictures. Thanks in advance for your expertise.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bayonet indentification in the right direction
    P
    Many

Welcome to the WRF. Re-post the pictures in one of the bayonet or edged weapons sub forums and we'll take a look. Have a read through the admin section on how to upload photo.

Cheers

MAP
    ?

I would think this sub-forum linked below would be the best place to start a new thread and re-post the photos.

Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to identify it for you.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...-knives-world/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Danish Madsen...M-47 Bayonet . There was only one contract for the Rifles and Bayonets and it was for Columbia 6000 Rifles in US 30 caliber aka 30/06. All were sold surplus in 1960 to the USA. The rifle is known as the last bolt action military rifle and sold to nations that could not afford automatic rifles. BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...