Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brass Desk Ornament with NSDAP Eagle and Swastika Fake or Real

Article about: I recently bought a brass Nazi desk ornament with the swastika and German eagle on it and want to confirm its authenticity. I bought it at a flee market in Munich Germany from a stand with a

Post Brass Desk Ornament with NSDAP Eagle and Swastika Fake or Real

I recently bought a brass Nazi desk ornament with the swastika and German eagle on it and want to confirm its authenticity. I bought it at a flee market in Munich Germany from a stand with a lot of Nazi paraphernalia, much of which seemed authentic being Reichsmarks, medals, coins, and the usual lot.

I have matched an almost exact copy to another picture found online with the same eagle/stand, the swastika looks to have been made the same seeing as the wear or mold printed it in the same manner.

Both my eagle and the eagle found online have 1940 printed on the bottom of the base.

Pictures will follow when I can upload them, but for reference here is the eagle as seen online.

WW2 German nazi - waffen SS original - WW2 GERMAN NAZI NSDAP BRASS DESKTOP EAGLE STATUE PODIUM THIRD REICH ADMIN - DATED

Please let me know what I should look for to identify an authentic item.

Additionally, this item appears to be very old and the screw on the bottom seems slightly rusted and I don't want to dismantle the eagle for fear of breaking it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Brass Desk Ornament with NSDAP Eagle and Swastika Fake or Real
    P
    Many

The Eagle shown on this Website is 100% Fake IMO!

The thing the still has me thinking this one is possibly real is that the overall shape of the eagle on mine is a lot sharper and the color is more high quality. the 1940 on the bottom of mine is also in an actual 1940's esc font as if it was stamped in.

I don't know how to send pictures but they'll follow when possible.

The website shown above was the only eagle I could find with the same eagle and base as mine, although I have seen many with the same eagle.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Welcome to the forum.
    This section is not for discussing items, it is for new members to introduce themselves to the rest of this community.
    No images are accessible here.
    The correct place for you to start a new thread, and upload your photos, is here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...a-third-reich/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Danke

?

A word of warning: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PRIVATECOLLECTIONS.CA
    Almost everything on their website is fake rubbish. It hurts my every cell that these guys still operate.
    I keep the below image on file for reference. This is not a serious dealer.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

Without seeing your eagle, I can't say anything about it either. But again, the eagle on the website whose link you posted here is definitely a pretty clumsy fake. And embossed years mean nothing. And rusty screws meens even less! The Eagle on this Website wants to be an "Reichsparteitagsadler" styled like the two Eagles on "Zeppelinwiese" at Nuremberg. And like rbminis just said, other Members unfortunately can't see your pics here.

Brass Desk Ornament with NSDAP Eagle and Swastika Fake or Real?

I started a new thread with pictures

One of the members believes mine to be a fake as well, although definitely a better fake than the one on the website I listed before.

I bought it at a Flohmarkt today in Munich, and my expectations weren't very high.

The question is, what to do with it now?

?

You can keep it for decorative purpose or try to return it -although on a flea market this seems unlikely. I hope you did not pay too much for it.
    Alternatively you can try to sell it, albeit as a reproduction. This community frowns upon knowingly selling on fake stuff as real without full disclosure.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the hobby. Some things to consider before starting that every Third Reich item known to man has been faked. Down to the smallest button and insignia.
    So knowledge is key. This forum has tons of information for you. Even experienced collectors get fooled with buying reproduction items.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast