Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Fairbairn-Sykes William Rodgers

Article about: I bought a Fairbairn-Sykes off a Norwegian online marketplace. I was told it was a fake, but i am not sure if it is. It has a William Rodgers Sheffield England stamp on the Guard of the knif

Default Fairbairn-Sykes William Rodgers

I bought a Fairbairn-Sykes off a Norwegian online marketplace. I was told it was a fake, but i am not sure if it is. It has a William Rodgers Sheffield England stamp on the Guard of the knife. Can any one here either confirm it is a fake, or the real deal?

If someone has a estimate of when it was made i would appreciate it!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fairbairn-Sykes William Rodgers
    P
    Many

?

Hey Chief,
    Due to the fact that this is your first post, You do not have the ability to post images yet.

Since I couldn't see you FS knife,
    I entered your titile into the site search engine located in the upper right I had several hits on William Rodgers FS knives.

Click on the link.

https://www.warrelics.eu/google.php?...2Fforum%2F&ss=

Maybe you can find an answer in one of those threads while you wait to be approved for posting pic's.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Welcome to the forum!
    It is a very late war/post war 3rd. pattern FS fighting knife. It is not a fake. There were a few different makers of these.
    It could have been used in any conflict since WW II.
    You can compare to my example posted here.
    Fairbairn–Sykes Fighting Knife #1
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Do you have any idea of what time period it could have been made? The seller said his father had it in his toolbox forever, so i reckon it could have been from the war, and he got the knife as a kid during/after the war. It also looks old because of the patina

Quote by ChiefRedBull View Post
    Do you have any idea of what time period it could have been made? The seller said his father had it in his toolbox forever, so i reckon it could have been from the war, and he got the knife as a kid during/after the war. It also looks old because of the patina
    I thought I sort of answered that already.
    It could have been made in 1945, or it could have been made in 1980.
    Click on the link I supplied in my first post to compare with my example.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the reply, i understand now that since its no moulded number on the neck, it is most likely a post wwii knife, and that you cant set a year of production easily..