Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Field grey German uniforms

Article about: Hi, I'm a keen wargamer, and have a project to add a new german force to my list of armies. my question is that was the field grey uniform used throughout the war, or did it stop being used

Default Field grey German uniforms

Hi,

I'm a keen wargamer, and have a project to add a new german force to my list of armies. my question is that was the field grey uniform used throughout the war, or did it stop being used after the early period?. Would I be wrong in painting my troops with field grey uniforms armed with some mp44s for example

People I play with are adamant that field grey was used early war only, and yet I find through my internet searches that this was not true?or am I wrong

Many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field grey German uniforms
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Feldgrau Blusen or Feldblusen were used within the german army between 1907 and 1945. In 1944, the Feldgrau 44 was adopted, it was not field grey anymore but more light brown. From late 1942 to the end of the war, the term Feldgrau comprised several shades of colour, going from greenish field grey to greyish field grey. For the pants under the third Reich, until 1940 they were produced in stone grey and between 1940 and 1944, in Feldgrau.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)