Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First Post

Article about: Hi All I stumbled across this forum while researching a collection of WW2 German Medals and badges, an image of a pin led me here. I inherited a small homemade frame with 14 items behind gla

?

Default First Post

Hi All

I stumbled across this forum while researching a collection of WW2 German Medals and badges, an image of a pin led me here.

I inherited a small homemade frame with 14 items behind glass, it was made by my late grandfather who served in both world wars. In WW2 he was a medic in pow camps in Germany, France and Belgium which is where he was given these items by prisoners he helped.

When he died in the late 60's they went to my Aunt who gave them to me before she passed about 10 years ago.

I've decided they should go to someone who collects this kind of thing.

Looking forward to learning more about my pieces.

Cheers
    latchy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum!
    You can post them here, please post each of them in separate threads.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-third-reich/
    If you know what any of them are called, there are some separate sections for some of the specific awards.
    Please try to use this reference thread for your thread titles.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Here is the Case with it's contents

The rear of them

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval
    Last edited by latchy; 07-12-2020 at 01:36 PM.

I feel that they are all most likely original items.

The two on each side at the bottom are Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber, (wound badges).
    The left one is what we call a Legion Condor, or first type for WW II. The one on the right appears to be a silver grade.
    In between them is a Panzervernichtungsabzeichen in Silber, or tank destruction badge.
    Directly above that is an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, or General Assault badge.
    Above that and to the left is an Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, or Infantry Assault badge.
    Across from that is a Fallschirmschützenabzeichen der Luftwaffe, or Luftwaffe Paratrooper's badge.
    In the middle above that is a Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/42" (Ostmedaille), or Russian Front medal.
    Above and to the right is a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, or War Merit Cross 2nd class with swords.
    Across to the left is an Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, Iron Cross 2nd class.
    The star above and in the middle is a cap badge for a fireman for the city of Vorbruck.
    Above and to the left is a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, War Merit Cross 1st class with swords.
    Directly to the right in the middle is an eagle insignia, either for the lapel or shoulder board.
    Directly to the right of that is an Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, or Iron Cross 1at class.
    The wreath and cocade at the top is a cap insignia for the Heer, or Army.

If you would like to post them for authentication, please find the appropriate section and post each in it's own thread using the German titles I supplied.
    The Eisernes Kreuz, Kriegsverdienstkreuz, Fallschirmschützenabzeichen, Infantrie Sturmabzeichen, Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen all have their own sections, the rest belong in the general Orders and Decorations section.

Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank You Ralph,

Very informative

I will try and get them in the correct forums as soon as possible.

Tony

?

I have taken the collection to a local auctioneer today. They won't be in the sale until some time in September, they do online viewing.
    Am I allowed to give the details of the sale on here if I decide to sell them there?

Yes, you can post a link to the auction here if you wish.
    Ralph.

?

My collection is for sale at roger jones auction room in Colwyn Bay Tuesday 15 September
    Viewable From 02 September at the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/rogersjones

?

All items for sale now on view at

Vintage & Antiques, Colwyn Bay - 15/09/2020 - Rogers Jones Co

Lot numbers 226, 227, 228, 229

Sale Tuesday 15 September

?

Hi again folks, In case anyone is interested my items are going to sell today, looks like they are going cheap.
    WORLD WAR II GERMAN MEDALS & BADGES, four items including an Infantry Assault badge lacking pin,
    Thanks