Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

First Post and reason for joining

Article about: I have a general interest in all thing Military and am a member of groups about Spanish wars of succession, Zulu and African wars of 18th Century and also the Tank Museum at Bovington. My Fa

Default First Post and reason for joining

I have a general interest in all thing Military and am a member of groups about Spanish wars of succession, Zulu and African wars of 18th Century and also the Tank Museum at Bovington. My Father in law served with the Polish 2nd Brigade, 6th Pulka Pancenego, from Iraq through North Africa Italy and France. He was a Tank Commander at Monte Cassino, As so many War Veterans he never really discussed his War service with his family and My Wife who was also in the Army for a while would really like to learn as much as possible.

We have his medals but would love to find out more about them. He features in a book by Bohdan Tymieniecki called "Na Imie Jej Bylo Lily" but I have been unable to find an English Translation.

It would be great to shed some light on his history as his Polish Heritage was all but wiped out by Russia after the war.

I realise this is not exactly the raison detre for this group but would appreciate any help I can get.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement First Post and reason for joining
    P
    Many

Sorry

His Name was Tadeusz Antoni Kobierzycki DOB 28/01/1921

Welcome to the Forum, Mark.
    Here we have a great section for Polish militaria, and some experts in research about WWII Polish Army soldiers.
    Regards.
    Santi