Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Flakwaffwenhelfrin Fischer

Article about: Newbie here with probably the usual weird request with no much info.....but here goes. My late Mother-in-Law was in the Luftwaffe during WW11. Now I have my 2 service records (RAF & TA)

Default Flakwaffwenhelfrin Fischer

Newbie here with probably the usual weird request with no much info.....but here goes.

My late Mother-in-Law was in the Luftwaffe during WW11.

Now I have my 2 service records (RAF & TA) my late Fathers (Queen's and RASC TA) my late Fathers-in-Law (WW11 RASC & post war Grenadier) and my wife, WRAC. The missing one is Mum. Now today, after 2 years i have finally been sent a messgae from the Berlin archives which gives little info sadly.

Margarete Fischer was born on 23rd September 1926 in Krefeld. I have put the german script through a translation site and got the following.

"There are usually no personal files for members of the Army and Air Force
    in front. Therefore, the information about what you are looking for must be found in various directories and files.
    The following can be gathered from the identification tag lists and change reports from the Wehrmacht:
    The search is for the first time with a message from 04.09.1944 in unit III. Training and replacement department for air news and weather service assistant LuftgauNachrichten-Regiment 11, Lübeck-St. Hubertus, dog tag: -45- III. / Educ.
    Dept. f. Ln. Help Lg. Nachr. Rgt. 11, recorded (Federal archive signature: B 563/0433

So is '45-111' her service number if its on her dog tag?

Then......

The last search was made on October 1st, 1944 (dismissal) as a member of the
    Unit III. Training and replacement department for air news and weather service assistants Luftgau-Nachrichten-Regiment 11, Lübeck-St. Hubertus, dog tag: -W45- III. / Educ. Dept. f. Ln. Help Lg. Nachr. Rgt. 11, listed (Federal archive signature: B 563/04331 page 260).

Now the dog tag now says 'W45-111'? ......has she been trained then??
    As the next of kin, the parents are Fischer in the files cited above with the
    Address Krefeld, called Inrada 564.
    You can find more information on the operational areas of Wehrmacht units in
    the publications:
    - Georg Tessin: Associations and troops of the German Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS
    in the Second World War 1939 - 1945, vol. 1 - 17, Osnabrück 1973 ff
    - Tracing service of the German Red Cross Munich (ed.): Divisional fates
    Volume 1 and 2, Munich 1958-1960
    War diaries of the named units are in the military archive of the
    Federal Archives (Wiesentalstraße 10, 79115 Freiburg. Email: militaerarchiv @ bundes
    archiv.de). As a precaution, I point out that not every unit
    and such documents are not available for every period. Replacement units, in particular, have generally not been proven.
    A military register of the wanted could not be determined.
    You will receive a fee notification in separate mail.

Apologies for posting all this but it gives you the info that I now have. I have a photo of Mum with her battery in Lubeck in 1945, she is the one with the cross underneath, but no info in this stuff from Berlin, are those research books available to look at online?
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakwaffwenhelfrin Fischer
    P
    Many