Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Graf Spee Sailor Flag

Article about: My wife's grandfather was a WWII soldier for Canada. In 1944-1945 he served in Europe driving a Sherman (clean up duties) and after the war brought home a few German medals, a Nazi party pin

Default Graf Spee Sailor Flag

My wife's grandfather was a WWII soldier for Canada. In 1944-1945 he served in Europe driving a Sherman (clean up duties) and after the war brought home a few German medals, a Nazi party pin, a German naval dagger, and a few other token items. As he told my wife, he traded cigarettes for the items.

While the other items are interesting, they are not as unique as this "flag". I don't know anything about it other than it looks to come from the Graf Spee and has sailor patches sewn on it. A couple of the sailor patches in the lower left corner are missing as the fabric on the "flag" in that area is not as faded. I can't find anything like it on the Internet and it sits in our basement.

I'd like to know what it is and if its worthy to be in a museum. If others want to see it we would be willing to loan it to a museum in British Colombia if they would display it.

Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Graf Spee Sailor Flag
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    This section is for new members to introduce themselves. No photos are accessible here.
    When you are approved, I suggest you start a new thread in the correct section of the forum and post photos of your items there.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)