Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greetings!

Article about: I am on the board of directors and past president of the 306th Bomb Group Historical Society and an ad hoc advisory member to the board of the 8th Air Force Historical Society. I am also the

Default Greetings!

I am on the board of directors and past president of the 306th Bomb Group Historical Society and an ad hoc advisory member to the board of the 8th Air Force Historical Society. I am also the author of SHOT DOWN: The true story of pilot Howard Snyder and the crew of the B-17 Susan Ruth.

Set within the framework of World War II, SHOT DOWN is about the individual experiences of each member of a B-17 crew after their plane (piloted by my father) was knocked out of the sky by German fighters over the French/Belgian border and about the courageous Belgian patriots who risked their lives to help them. After my father bailed out, he was missing in action for seven months but evaded being captured by the Germans. He was hidden for several months by several members of the Belgian Underground. After a while, he got tired of hiding and joined the French Resistance to fight against the Nazis sabotaging German convoys. Finally, he met up with U.S. forces which had come up through France after D-Day and made it back to England.

I speak to many organizations and attend air shows all over the U.S. signing copies of my book. I've been to Belgium six times and interviewed now 96 year old Hans Berger, the German Luftwaffe pilot who shot down my dad's plane, for the book.
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Greetings!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Steve! Sounds like an amazing story.

Looking forward to your participation!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)