Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greetings

Article about: Hello all, I'm happy to be onboard in the forum. Im actually here for a quite specific reason. My great grandfathers brother (Ernst August Martens). After researching him through the Bundesa

Default Greetings

Hello all,

I'm happy to be onboard in the forum.

Im actually here for a quite specific reason.

My great grandfathers brother (Ernst August Martens).
    After researching him through the Bundesarchiv, I stumbled upon an Alamy page that contained his exact Golden Party Badge.
    To say I was shocked is an understatement.

It looks like it belonged to the late John Pepera collection. I am hoping maybe i can get some help in finding it!

Thank you all!

link: THE JOHN PEPERA COLLECTION, SS Obertruppfuhrer Ernst A. Martens - a Golden Party Badge of the NSDAP in 24 mm, Josef Fuess Munchen produced worn gilt Tombak with inset silver-plated, enamelled party badge (aged). Party member number "87066" on worn reverse. Period repaired horizontal pin with safety hook chain, missing attachment plate. Collector prepared research folio included., Editorial-Use-Only Stock Photo - Alamy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Greetings
    P
    Many

Hello Rutsche,

And welcome to the forum.

What a discovery! You may be able to find more information about the John Perpera Collection by searching under his name in the search box on the top right hand side of the page. From a brief look it appears Herman Historica auctioned some of his collection after his passing.

If you are able to track it down, please be remember that the current owner would be under no obligation to return/sell it to yourself, however they may be open to negotiation. Or perhaps it is still with a dealer.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I completely understand that the owner is under no obligation.
    I would be surprised if I even find where it ended up!

I am happy to be aboard, and I believe my best chances would be here. Is there a specific forum/thread where i should make my post?

Thank you
    -Corey

MAP
    ?

Here is the sub forum for Party Badges.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/nsdap...zeichen-forum/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much for the link!

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.