MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Greetings all!

Article about: From sunny South Carolina. Got my start in collecting in the mid-70’s when I was 14 on a family vacation to Washington DC. I talked my folks into a side trip to Alexandria, to a store whos

Default Greetings all!

From sunny South Carolina. Got my start in collecting in the mid-70’s when I was 14 on a family vacation to Washington DC. I talked my folks into a side trip to Alexandria, to a store whose advertisements I had seen in an aircraft magazine some time earlier. Yep, it was Unique Imports, and I got one of their “original Nazi helmets” for my birthday (which I still have, probably on it’s third repaint, the last of which was in the late 70’s). Didn’t get much else until I was older and able to afford such things, picked up a few German daggers and swords, and some other odds & ends, mostly at local gun shows, and then went dormant again for a long while when starting a family. But I’m back now, and wanting to learn more about the things I obtained back in the old (pre-internet) days, as well as expand my collection to include more daggers, and maybe some badges and headgear and a uniform or two, so here I am!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Greetings all!
    P
    Many

Welcome aboard.

Mart

?

Welcome.

Welcome to the forum..

Looking forward to seeing your items

Smitty

Your experience parallels my own. Started collecting in 1975 or so when I was 15. Back then, a friend of my dad would roll up in his car and open the trunk full of militaria. I still have some of those items. And I had a helmet from Unique Imports too! Post soon so we can see what you have on hand. This is a great resource with many knowledgeable folks. Neil

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jdarrylf View Post
    From sunny South Carolina. Got my start in collecting in the mid-70’s when I was 14 on a family vacation to Washington DC. I talked my folks into a side trip to Alexandria, to a store whose advertisements I had seen in an aircraft magazine some time earlier. Yep, it was Unique Imports, and I got one of their “original Nazi helmets” for my birthday (which I still have, probably on it’s third repaint, the last of which was in the late 70’s). Didn’t get much else until I was older and able to afford such things, picked up a few German daggers and swords, and some other odds & ends, mostly at local gun shows, and then went dormant again for a long while when starting a family. But I’m back now, and wanting to learn more about the things I obtained back in the old (pre-internet) days, as well as expand my collection to include more daggers, and maybe some badges and headgear and a uniform or two, so here I am!
    LoL...my first German Helmet was a "Unique Imports" M35 refurb as well! Still have it. Still in excellent condition!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)