Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Greetings! Looking for help amongst experts!

Article about: Hello to all. Family genealogist and retired military here - happy to have found this forum. I'm hoping someone will be able to identify/confirm my Russian grandfather's cavalry regiment/uni

?

Smile Greetings! Looking for help amongst experts!

Hello to all. Family genealogist and retired military here - happy to have found this forum. I'm hoping someone will be able to identify/confirm my Russian grandfather's cavalry regiment/uniform. It dates from no later than 1916. That's the year when he arrived at Springfield, Massachusetts to inspect/purchase rifles for the Russian war effort (and never returned). According to family, he was a Lieutenant-Colonel (Podpolkovnik = OF-4). My research thus far has determined that there was no "uniform" uniform; each regiment was populated by men from the local area/district, which would determine their particular/unique uniform. I've yet to confirm his place of origin, though Sebastopol is a possibility. Cheers!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Greetings! Looking for help amongst experts!
    P
    Many

Hello Sue.

Welcome aboard.

This is the new members introduction section of the forum so your photos are not visible. Once you are approved you will be able to start a new thread and users will be able to view them.

This is not my area of expertise, but I would think the best to post them would be in one of the sub forums in the USSR 1917-1991 section of the forum.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

I’d go for Imperial Russian & White Army.. (it’s a bit further down the list).

No disrespect intended, Will!
    Rob

Thank you kohima.

?

Thank you! I see they are still pending. I did find the Imperial Russian forum, but I see I still have to "pass muster" first.