Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Greetings from Norway

Article about: I am a fairly new militaria collector that lives in the semi-cold part of Europe. I primarily collect and restore helmets from WWII to the best of my abilities. Therefore I've been lurking t

ulv
    ?

Default Greetings from Norway

I am a fairly new militaria collector that lives in the semi-cold part of Europe. I primarily collect and restore helmets from WWII to the best of my abilities. Therefore I've been lurking the forums for a few years and it has proved to be a tremendous help in avoiding certain pitfalls on the buyers market, and has thaught me a great deal about military equipment, the hobby of collecting and history in general. For that I'm thankful to all that have walked before me so to speak and quite excited to finally be joining the conversation

Best regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Greetings from Norway
    P
    Many

Welcome!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Welcome to the site ulv,
    It will be interesting to see what you restored.

Take care
    Semper Fi
    Phil

ulv
    ?

Thank you!

?

Welcome fellow Norwegian
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

MAP
    ?

Some great German helmets come out of Norway! Seems like a lot of them being KM and camo's.

Welcome!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful country you're in...I was fortunate to spend most of 2017 there, which is the origin of my avatar. Enjoyed it so much that I now collect WWII Norwegian items.

Please don't strip any Norwegian refurbished German helmets in search of decals...those refurbs are becoming tough to find!

ulv
    ?

Quote by inka View Post
    Welcome fellow Norwegian
    Thank you! Always good to see ones countrymen

ulv
    ?

I do have one camouflaged kriegsmarine that someone went decal hunting on. Takes away from the look of it a bit, but if they hadn't done it you wouldn't know it was actually a KM from the decal remains.
    I am getting my old camera out so I can take some proper pictures for the forum

Thanks for the welcome message

ulv
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Beautiful country you're in...I was fortunate to spend most of 2017 there, which is the origin of my avatar. Enjoyed it so much that I now collect WWII Norwegian items.

Please don't strip any Norwegian refurbished German helmets in search of decals...those refurbs are becoming tough to find!
    Thank you. Looks like you got to experience the lights! That's awesome.
    Most of the time I just give the helmets a wash and try to fit them with an original liner.
    I have no plans of stripping any helmets unless they're covered in spraypaint or have been messed with beyond recognition. I do like the lion helmets in their own right!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast