Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hello

Article about: Hi everyone, I'm from Poland but I've been living in Scotland for years. I am not a collector of war memorabilia. I found your forum while looking for my grandmother's brother, who disappear

?

Default Hello

Hi everyone,
    I'm from Poland but I've been living in Scotland for years.
    I am not a collector of war memorabilia.

I found your forum while looking for my grandmother's brother, who disappeared on the front of World War II.

We tried to find him after the war through the Red Cross, but at that time a lot of information was still unavailable in communist Poland.
    I only have letters in German that are incomprehensible to me, most of them censored, unfortunately.
    I hope someone here will be able to help me.
    You are professionals
    Perhaps in your search you will come across or have already come across similar military insignia. Maybe you could point me in the right direction?
    Here are some facts about him.

He was a Polish teacher and when the war started he was locked up in Auschwitz.
    After many interventions, he was released from the camp but never returned home.
    Forcefully conscripted into the German army, he continued writing, but in 1944 the trail disappeared.

Name: Growietz, Stanislaus (Stanislaw Growiec)
    Date of birth: 04/05/1913 in Wyrow (Wyry, Silesia)
    Kreis Pless

l./Res. ArH. AbH. 44 - Gefreiter -
    Erkennungsmarke - 400 -
    St. Batl. Schw. A.E.A 44

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this information here.
    Any help will be a treasure for me and I will be extremely grateful.

Thank you

Mae

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello
    P
    Many

Hello Mae.

Welcome to the forum.

We will be happy to help, but you will need to start a new thread in the link below and add all of this information there.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/histo...ird-reich-ww2/

If you have any pictures or documents it would be good to add photos of these too. The below link will show you how to do that.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

What I can tell you is that I have found some information that says he is buried in Chisinau, Moldova.

Kind regards,

Will.