Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hello collectors

Article about: Hello fellow collectors - I'm from Sydney Australia and I have a keen interest in third reich militaria - but in particular edged weapons, as well as headgear and tunics (and awards I suppos

Default Hello collectors

Hello fellow collectors - I'm from Sydney Australia and I have a keen interest in third reich militaria - but in particular edged weapons, as well as headgear and tunics (and awards I suppose but you have to stop somewhere if you don't want to live in a cardboard box, amiright?)

I've returned to this wonderful hobby in the last couple of years (I first fell in love as a young lad).
    I've been scouring sites like ratisbons, wwiidaggers, emedals etc and watching Thomas Wittmann's wonderful videos... boy is his enthusiasm infectious. It's indescribable how the hobby has changed from the 90's - when the info just didn't exist. A single book on militaria (like one of Angolia's for example) was like a bible back then - if you were lucky enough to have one or more - where you might be treated to a few closeup b&w photos of a small selection of the major variants. wheras now we can browse dozens of photos from every angle of everything that has gone under the hammer in the last several years.

The natural progression has been to join a community like this and be able to see people's opinions and get different perspectives and be able to ask questions.

So here I am.
    prost!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello collectors
    P
    Many

Well, you are welcome here.
    Nice presentation yours...

Regards
    Santi

?

Quote by eccles23 View Post
    Hello fellow collectors - I'm from Sydney Australia and I have a keen interest in third reich militaria - but in particular edged weapons, as well as headgear and tunics (and awards I suppose but you have to stop somewhere if you don't want to live in a cardboard box, amiright?)

I've returned to this wonderful hobby in the last couple of years (I first fell in love as a young lad).
    I've been scouring sites like ratisbons, wwiidaggers, emedals etc and watching Thomas Wittmann's wonderful videos... boy is his enthusiasm infectious. It's indescribable how the hobby has changed from the 90's - when the info just didn't exist. A single book on militaria (like one of Angolia's for example) was like a bible back then - if you were lucky enough to have one or more - where you might be treated to a few closeup b&w photos of a small selection of the major variants. wheras now we can browse dozens of photos from every angle of everything that has gone under the hammer in the last several years.

The natural progression has been to join a community like this and be able to see people's opinions and get different perspectives and be able to ask questions.

So here I am.
    prost!
    Welcome to WRF! We have some class mates from Australia here and you will enjoy the great peers, knowledge and support. I started at age 15 and am 53. I collected with my Grandfather who served in WWII and brought back some war booty and continued to collect well into his mid 70s. He passed in 2011. I seriously considered selling off my collection and leaving the hobby as the thrill was gone. I found WRF in 2014 and really felt at home. My interest was rejuvenated and I was back in the game. These guys helped me get by in some tough times and in the midst of stopping collecting altogether. I dedicated my time to creating a website to honor my Grandfather and the items we collected together and even when he passed I kept on. https://www.tothehiltmilitaria.com/ The fellow collectors here are ethical, fair, supportive and passionate for the hobby we enjoy. Best wishes and glad you are here! Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-30-2021 at 05:58 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Welcome to the forum. Wittmann may know his daggers, but he talks a lot of BS about other TR items. Bear that in mind!

There are lots of people on here who can advise on all items though

nick

Hey guys - thanks so much for the warm welcome
    And Rossi in particular I appreciated you sharing your story - I can completely relate to the feeling that if that person you got into the hobby with as a youngster was to pass that you'd feel that way. That person who is always at the back of your mind when you are looking at things as the one you want to show it to... and how impressed they'd be - and then you are a kid again...
    I'm sorry for your loss - but I'm so glad you managed to channel it into something positive - and that you had such good people around you.
    I'm your junior by 12 years - and it was my father not my grandfather. He's still with us thankfully.

@HoundsTooth - thanks for the heads up - I'd actually watched a few videos recently purporting to expose some of the less than stellar dealers at the Max show etc. I take it with a grain of salt however I DID find some of the arguments hard to fault when pointed out.
    One thing I am positive of is that Mr Wittmann has unquestionable integrity.
    I won't comment further on that because I don't think it's appropriate that someone with decades of expertise and dedication and who I believe acts in good faith should have his name tarnished by association.

But on a related note... how could they have missed the GOLDEN opportunity to call that toilet paper EIDELWIPES? ;-)

Dear lord...
    your site (tothehiltmilitaria.com) us utterly *stunning*!

thank you so much for sharing!

Wow Rossi ... that's a *gorgeous* specimen of the nickel Luft sword... the patina is gorgeous and the silvering around the sunwheels is perfect. That's the exact kind of thing I'm after. I've been mulling over an aluminium one that similarly has nice gold/silver definition- but they just don't look like they have the same character or soul as the nickel ones.

your stuff is all so minty...