Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hello everyone!

Article about: Hello everyone, I suppose this is where I introduce myself. My name is Ethan, and I am a 17 year old American from Kentucky. I've been interested in WWII Aircraft and such since I was about

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone, I suppose this is where I introduce myself.

My name is Ethan, and I am a 17 year old American from Kentucky. I've been interested in WWII Aircraft and such since I was about seven. I've had some ancestors who fought in WWII, and I'm proud of their service records.

Sgt. Maj. Robert L. Troutman, fought with the allies in their 1944 campaigns into Europe and Germany. He was a purple heart recipient.

Staff Sgt. Jay S. Troup, rear gunner and radio man for a B-26 Marauder, 391st bomb group, 574th squadron. He was shot down in 1944, and was a POW at Stalag Luft 3 - the same camp depicted in the movie "The Great Escape".

Loyal Berry, Linguist

Another one (forgot his name) was a B25 Mitchell pilot.

One thing I would like to be clear is, I am NOT a neo nazi, I do not support them, condone them, whatever, I just like collecting their military relics. Would like to start, anyway.

Are there a lot of Americans on this forum? WWII collecting in America hasn't really caught on I don't think. I guess it's mostly a European thing.

I collect American Civil War relics mostly. They're easy to get here in the states. (My avatar, if I get one, would be my own personal find, a button from the staff of the Famous Confederate J.E.B. Stuart.) I love battlefield relics, relics that have been used, relics that someone held, shot or wore. I'm not really into mint un-issued stuff. I'd much rather have something that has been used. The annoying part for me is, the only way I can get WWII relics that have been used, is by buying from overseas shops. Shipping is unreal! I make my living as of now by doing odd jobs, and selling bottles and such on ebay. If I buy something, I don't want to be gouged with shipping. It is necessary though.

I have recently started playing War Thunder online, a realistic aerial, tank and naval combat game. (Don't ever get in a plane with me, neither of us will last long) I fly for the USAAF and the Luftwaffe, but I will branch out to the RAF soon.

Yep, that's me, crashing and burning.

I can't really think of adding anything else, so I guess that wraps up this intro. Thanks for having me here!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello everyone!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome Ethan.

Very nice introduction.

The members here are passionate about history and follow our passion through collecting Militaria from all regions. We are not, nor do we allow sympathizers of Nazism.

This forum is a great place to start your journey. Be careful. It is a hobby that is rife with fakes.

The top 10 rules in this hobby are the same - ALWAY post before you buy for validation.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)