Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Hello from The Netherlands

Article about: Hello forum members I was tipped off this forum by a Youtube video from Kiwitedferny. Together with my son I am building a collection of WW2 militaria. We do this by buying unique objects at

hvm
    ?

Default Hello from The Netherlands

Hello forum members

I was tipped off this forum by a Youtube video from Kiwitedferny.

Together with my son I am building a collection of WW2 militaria. We do this by buying unique objects at international auctions and renowned suppliers in America and Germany. But the hobby started when we visited Bastogne in the Ardennes last year. It started with a visit to Foy and the 101's foxhole forrest. We also visited all WW2 museums there and were deeply impressed. It is also there that my son bought his first item. A US Combat Infantryman badge (see photo). What we thought was a hefty investment for a small badge (€ 100), but since then the investments together with the enthusiasm have only increased.

What we particularly like is buying objects after doing extensive research. With which our knowledge is also increasing more and more. Although my son already had a lot of knowledge about WW1 and WW2. But I hope here on the forum to expand my knowledge even further and to purchase unique objects with even more confidence.

Kind regards,
    Hylke and Owen
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hello from The Netherlands
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Welkom to the forum,

Curious to see what items you guys have collected so far. Pictures cant be seen on first post of new members due to approval. There are many members here with knowledge about all kind of things. Happy hunting!

Dos

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Hylke and Owen.

As noted, photos are blocked from the new member introduction section to prevent spam

I'm sure members would love to see this US Combat Infantry Badge. Not an area I know much about, but from the construction it appears to be of German manufacture with the buckram backing and bullion embroidery. Other members should be able to opine and give feedback

You can post it here

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...s-decorations/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

hvm
    ?

I'd love to show some of our items. But when are my pictures visible than?

hvm
    ?

Thanks. Will post over there.

MAP
    ?

Quote by hvm View Post
    I'd love to show some of our items. But when are my pictures visible than?
    Your pictures can been seen in any thread you start, in any of the sections in the main forum. Just this section blocks photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)