Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

I'm getting into collecting and I'd like to dive deeper and get connected with the community

Article about: Currently collecting mostly German items and I'd like to make sure I can become well versed in the items I wish to collect.

Talking I'm getting into collecting and I'd like to dive deeper and get connected with the community

Currently collecting mostly German items and I'd like to make sure I can become well versed in the items I wish to collect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm getting into collecting and I'd like to dive deeper and get connected with the community
    P
    Many

You're in the right place. Welcome aboard, and be sure to post anything you're planning on buying here before you commit to a purchase. Even if a piece turns out to be a fake, you can learn so much from it. More, in some cases, than the original items.

B.B.

Yeah, I was planning to just now. I found a cap going on auction soon and I'd really like to add it to my collection if it's real. I'll be posting it as soon as I am approved. If I already am, I'll be posting it momentarily.

Welcome to the forum..

We look forward to assisting you in your collecting endeavors, and if I may part some wisdom forward after 50 years of collecting:

1. Know and research what you are collecting before investing large sums of money..
    2. Invest in reference books in addition to the knowledge base here it will always benefit you to have reference books in your hands in order to do your own research and come to an informed decision.
    3. Don't be afraid to ask questions, the members here are always willing to share knowledge and expertise and you will hear many of the stories from us of our good and bad purchases, early mistakes when we first started to collect and other experiences..
    4. Don't get discouraged if you do in fact get a reproduction in your collection, most of have them and we have all learned from them..
    5. Enjoy what you collect, take good clear images and post in the appropriate sections and try to use the proper German terminology for the decorations, and other items you post..

6.. Repeat steps 1 through 5...

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty